Friday, December 17, 2004

The holiday spirit

Think snow.

Think peace and quiet.

Think chilly air and glowing, twinkling lights in the dark. Think of going in slow motion, being just a little more friendly with everyone and much more generous with some - friends and strangers.

Think goodwill toward men - and goodwill toward women - and even goodwill toward other people's children.

Think of seeing lone houses off in the fields at night with Christmas lights.

Think of the scent of a fire.

Think of ways to make your quality time have the grace and whimsy and wit of our most cherished holiday movies and songs.

Think of humming along.

Think patience and taking your time and giving time to others.

Think of being less practical, more humble, more earthy, more of a child at heart.

Think of what this nation would be like if it really were a kinder and gentler nation.

Think of what this nation would be like if it were a better nation.


4 Comments:

At 12/17/2004 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of Bush's Impeachment, and enjoy the warm feeling in your heart as he and his cronies are brought to justice.

http://spective.blog.com

 
At 12/20/2004 4:14 PM, Blogger Regina Rodriguez-Martin said...

Have you ever heard of the 1914 Christmas Truce of World War I? It's incredible: right in the middle of the filthy slog of World War I, German and English soldiers stopped fighting long enough to spontaneously celebrate Christmas together. Read about it on my blog www.chicanaontheedge.blogspot.com. Oh, that it could happen now.

 
At 12/22/2004 9:00 PM, Blogger Aleksu said...

I'm thinking coffee spiked with Kalhua and/or Frangelico.

Santa is highly overrated, vote for Olentzero!

 
At 12/04/2005 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lawrence I’ve been looking for Spirit Of Christmas related blogs and I came across yours on The holiday spirit during my trawl, so I thought it would be polite to let you know about my visit. You are most welcome to come and visit me at Spirit Of Christmas. I would also be happy to trade links with you if you are interested. Bye for now and have a nice day! Roy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home