Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A World Turning Yellow

I don't think I've ever seen my yard and the views out my windows and around town turn so yellow. The Chinese Pistache, one of the few non-native species I can accept, are spectacular; their yellow is, truly, that almost miraculously BOLD aspen GLOW, not just yellow but glowing yellow, almost effervescent in the afternoon light. And one of my favorite native species to the Texas Hill Country, the Mexican Buckeye, is right there, too, changing all too quickly from lime-ish green to pure yellow to burnished gold, then more slowly to brown (on the ground). But even the floor of my yard is now yellow in patterns and arrangements any fan of Zen could appreciate. It is a marvelous time - and reminds me downright rapturously how precious are the most beautiful days of autumn, my favorite season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home