Friday, August 24, 2007

Question: When Are You Most Yourself?

That's a good question for anyone, at any time, and good to ask oneself now and then, to keep it fresh or at least accurate.

When are you most yourself?

Doing what? Where? With whom?

I'd say, for me, I am most myself: taking an epic and rugged day hike in a national park, riding my bicycle (either toodling around town or going out on the open road), reading at home alone, sharing quality time in conversation with a friend, and perhaps most surprisingly, when leading a group tour and we're in the flow, engaged in where we are.

And when I write.

You?

3 Comments:

At 10/23/2007 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see you couldn't just put one activity. Our personalities have many facits (sp?). Is there a spell check for comments? I'm myself when I'm doing loops alone at Memorial Park. A great time to think along with the mindless loops. I'm myself when I'm making tiny stiches on a quilt. Very therapeutic. I'm myself sitting alone in the late evening looking out at the upper geyser basin. Steam and solitude, that'll do it!

 
At 1/05/2008 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alone. i think you both said it. Hi eager one, I miss you.

 
At 1/05/2008 8:09 AM, Blogger Lawrence said...

Thanks anonymous (Bahlissa, is that you?), thanks for bringing me back to this question, a good one to reconsider around the first of the year. I see my original answer holds up pretty well: writing, reading, riding a bicycle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home