Thursday, October 16, 2008

Barack Obama is already teaching me more about how to live

Barack Obama is a contemporary of mine, and his towering personality is already impressing itself upon me.

He is teaching me things, if one wants respect and influence, about how to behave well.

Barack Obama is becoming a mentor of mine.

His cool collectedness is wearing off on me.

His steadfastness is becoming a rock I can use for myself and within myself. I am already more steadfast myself.

Draw your lines and stick to them.

When it comes to strength, don't go erratic.

And don't go dramatic.

Save drama for play, for family, for fun. When there is work to do, put on your game face and get it done.

Sure, be eloquent, be electric, but don't be a short fuse.

Be potential energy. Don't shoot off, and when the going gets really tough, don't show off.

Be firm but smile.

But don't smile too much.

Or be too firm.

Be pliable and encompassing yet with clear eyes on the prize.

I am in awe of the man, and I predict that no better man will ever be president in my lifetime, though I hope there will be other towering greats on down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home