Monday, April 24, 2006

Friends

I'd love to hear from you, especially if you know of some rabbit trail in this life along which things are, in the big scheme of things, getting better. I feel adebt at life's little and mid-sized joys.

'Stopping to smell the roses' and 'living for now' - the Zenishness of being aware and grateful - do not escape me - and do not mystify me. They remain priorities, never squashed by type A blindsidedness.

But when it comes to the big picture, real 'progress' seems elusive. It's almost as if the petty and selfish desires of most even go directly against the greater good.

So I ask, to have a peg to hang my hope hat upon, what is really, really getting better? How is civilization achieving greater grace than ever before?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home